September 5, 2013
I mentioned previously that we've migrated all Premium users and campaign contributors over to the Xanga 2.0 servers.
In addition, we also have prepared downloadable archives for the ~2 million Xanga blogs saved on our servers... specifically:
* We generated blog archives for every Xangan who has signed into the site in the past 5 years, as long as they have more than two subscribers (to rule out spam).
* We also generated blog archives for every Xangan who has signed into the site in the past year, and has at least ten blogs overall.
We are currently working to make these archives available asap to all of our users (for free, of course). We've been working on this all day, and hope to have it available soon. There will be two ways to retrieve your data.
1) Once we launch this feature, you will be able to sign into Xanga and download the archive (for free) from the link at the top of your dashboard, or
2) Upgrade to Xanga 2.0 and we will upgrade your blog to the new servers using the data in the backup.
Let me know if you have any questions!
ps We've been tuning the servers all day to run faster... let us know if you can feel a difference in the site speed!
Post a Comment
- SKANLYN on What we’ve been learning about themes
- Ying Tam on The Four Phases of the Xanga 2.0 Launch!
- raynering on Xanga 2.0: 2 million blogs and 25 terabytes of photos backed up and ready to go!
- Robertson_Laurel on The Four Phases of the Xanga 2.0 Launch!
- Robertson_Laurel on What we’ve been learning about themes