We’ve made a lot of progress on the Xanga 2.0 data migration!
* We’ve created backups of ~2 million Xanga blogs. If you’ve been active on Xanga in the past 5+ years, we’ve most likely archived all of your posts and are ready to migrate you over to Xanga 2.0 (details below).
* We’ve also migrated over every photo that’s on our servers now to Xanga 2.0 (~25 terabytes).
* We’ve moved over every single user’s login and their subscriber/friend relationships.
* We’re gearing up for the move in the next few days…
Detailed version below:
* We had successfully moved over all of our user accounts into the new Xanga 2.0 system, so that each and every one of our current users will be able to sign into the new Xanga.
* We had also successfully imported the blogs of all of our current premium users.
* We were in the process of migrating over every single photo that’s on our servers now.
* We were moving over everyone’s avatars as well.
Since then, we have successfully migrated over all the data described above:
* In addition to moving over all our Xanga user accounts, we’ve also moved over all of the friend/subscriber relationships.
* We have copied over all the photos from the Xanga server, so that we have ~25 terabytes (that’s 25,000 gigabytes) of photos ready on Xanga 2.0.
* We have migrated over everyone’s avatar as well.
We have created a backup file of 2 million Xanga blogs. This way, if any of users described below contacts us, we’ll be able to add their blog to the new Xanga 2.0 system. Here’s how it breaks down:
* We’ve archived the blogs of the hundreds of thousands of blogs where the user has logged in in the past 5 years and has at least two subscribers.
* We’ve also archived the blogs of every single user that’s ever been premium at any point in the past…
In short, if you’ve been active at all on Xanga… we should have all of your data ready to import into Xanga 2.0!
* If you’re currently premium, then your data has already been imported into Xanga 2.0 and is ready to go!
* If you’re not premium but pledged to support our crowdfunding campaign, we’ve emailed you a questionnaire asking which username you’d like to import over. We’re currently importing the hundreds of people who have already replied.
If you haven’t received our email and already let us know which account you’d like imported, please let me know below and I can send you the questionnaire again!
Either way, we have backups of 2 million blogs ready… odds are that if you’re reading this, we have your blog backed up and waiting for you!
Our main goal with phase 1 of the Xanga 2.0 migration has been to get as many people’s data backed up (and migrated) as possible. Once the dust settles from the move, then we’ll shift gears to building features for you guys!
Thanks to the everyone for your support and patience over the past few months. We can’t wait to show you Xanga 2.0! We are doing a last check of the images, blogs and avatars we’ve transferred over… then we’ll start the migration on the backend. Depending on how that goes, we’ll be starting the public-facing migration of Xanga shortly after…